03 June 2008

Review: Cathy's Key by Sean Stewart



For my review of Cathy's Book here a link!

Review below summary!

Summary from Amazon.com
Cathy’s Book was literally a word-of-mouth success story, with over 120,000 copies of the groundbreaking, interactive teen novel in print. Perhaps less noticeable was the heart of the book: a good story well told. Now fans of Cathy Vickers will return to the exciting, unpredictable world that made the first book such a success. Cathy was your average high school student-doodling in the margins of her journal, crushing on a cute boy, and hanging out with her best friend Emma. As this story begins, she’s trying to keep a job, her journal is stolen, the cute boy is not who he seems to be, and even Emma’s side project/start-up company, Doubletalk Wireless, is about to get caught up in the mystery surrounding Cathy and her search for the truth about her father. Her presumed-dead father. It’s just a simple story really: Girl loves Boy, Boy disappears, Girl discovers secret that will alter the course of humanity....

When I first picked up Cathy's Book and flipped through the pages, I knew I would be hooked.

I did not anticipate another sequel so I was really surprised and happy when I heard that Cathy's Key was coming out! In fact, I remember when I bought it, I was running up to the register and slapped my hands on the table and look at him with these crazy eyes (I could feel them coming on) and asked, "DooYouHafghCathysKeyy?"

The man (aka Gentle Giant) gave me this blank stare and directed me toward the YA Section of Barnes and Noble and handed me the book. It was as if I was Indiana Jones picking out the true holy grail. Well, maybe not so much, but pretty close.

Anyways, I got home and sat on my bed and read it in two hours (love the illustrations!). So maybe your wondering, did it live up to my great expectations? Yes and no. It wasn't God awful or anything like that. Infact, I rather enjoyed it! I just felt like some of it was rushed. It's definitely bigger than Cathy's Key, but I feel like it was lacking sometimes. Overall, I must say I really loved it and yes, it has its Cathy & Victor moments. Cathy's Key also ties up some loose ends with the mystery of her father and some of the immortals.

Oh I almost forgot! The Evidence. (Evil Laugh)
I guess you might be interested in knowing some of it.
  • A Hospital bracelet with /r3m3mb3r on it

  • Paper Crane (unfold for message)

  • Chinese Coin from Victor

  • Several Illustrations in packet as well as in the book!
Luckily, I think there is going to be a third! Keep your hopes up, and I'll keep you updated!

Till Later!

No comments: